Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Let's Get Sewing ATCs



Sherri at the Stamp Shack posted a swap to get sewing on some ATCs. I had never tried, and thought it sounded like fun. While looking at old photos with my mom one afternoon, I found a sweet photo of two children holding flags. I thought it would make a great ATC - another first - using a photograph for an ATC. So, I stitched around the edges with red, stamped memories in blue and hand tinted the large flag with water color pencils. I added a heart shaped brad in the corner for a finishing touch.

We don't yet know who the children are in the photo, but my mom thinks that it may have been taken on a 4th of July at a family reunion. I've been trying to track down the story of these two children. I'll make a new post once I solve the mystery.

3 comments:

LINDA said...

WOW!! These ATC are just awesome..I love old photos..This one is so sweet..You did a great job on these..

Karen said...

I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the mystery! I love it when you can track down the rest of a story to a photograph. But, even without knowing the backstory, I can look at the 'frontstory', so to speak, and say that I LOVE these ATC's you did, Tracey!!! I love the stiching, the hand tinting, the stamped memories (which I did not even realize the first time I saw these at the Shack that it was stamped...until I read your description), and the little red heart brad really sets it off. Again, I really DO LOVE these! I would have never thought of using a pic for an ATC.........but its a wonderfully successful idea!!!

Anonymous said...

You are like the ATC Queen! love those!