Thursday, April 8, 2010

Birthdays and Anniversarys!

It's a birthday party for Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. To celebrate we are going to Hop, Shop & Crop April 13-15. Lindsay will be holding a 3-day crop in the mygrafico crop room. Go on over there now and join (it's free). Over the course of the 3-days you can pop in and out as often as you want to participate in the events and classes, join challenges or just see what is going on. The classes and crops are free. There will be freebies and prizes. We also have a blog hop and other exciting things planned. Stay tuned for more details.
'
'
Tips:
  • To join the crop, you will need to be a member of the mygrafico community. It's free to join. Join now so you are ready for the crop. (Click HERE to join)
  • To join the crop group (after joining mygrafico) click HERE
  • If you do not want to receive emails when people comment on the crop, after joining the crop room group, click on the "stop following" button. You are still a member but you won't get all the emails.
  • Remember, it is all FREE!
That was the Birthday, now for the Anniversary - MINE! Today is my 10th wedding anniversary!!!! The two cards I made this week were shamelessly quick and easy, but I think they are also lovely and elegant. I can't decide which to give hubby - maybe you all can help me.

I made these cards using the UPTOWN HOUNDS TOOTH paper and the EMBOSSED MATS sets from LINDSAY'S STAMP STUFF. I created a postcard document in my Printshop program so I could print out 4 panels on one sheet of paper. All I did was layer the mat over the hounds tooth paper and print it out. Next, I cut out the panels and stamped the tulip and stem (Stampin' Up) one one card, adhered a red ribbon around that panel, attached that to a panel of black card stock and then to a white card base. For the other card, I stamped the birds (Inkadinkado), colored the cardinal with a red watercolor marker, attached a red Prima Flower and brad center then adhered that panel to a black card stock base. I don't think it took a whole 15 minutes to make BOTH of these cards!

To see what the rest of the Design Team has created this week, and to get a fabulous freebie, click HERE to go to Lindsay's blog. There is a lot happening this month, so be sure to check back in often so you won't miss out on the fun! Happy Digi Stamping, Everyone!

14 comments:

Lindsay Weirich said...

very cute! I like the one with the birds best!

Cindi said...

happy Anniversary!!!!
great cards, I like them both. I'm with Lindsay though, i have a soft spot for birds, so that one is my fave
:)

Karin said...

Happy anniversary! Great cards!

Leanne said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love them both! My favorite is the one with the birds!!

Margie said...

Happy anniversary! I love how elegant these cards are!

Unknown said...

Houndstooth looks great! Love the black and red together!

Cheri said...

Both are very striking cards with the black, white and red color scheme. Happy anniversary!

Micki said...

Oh HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! And girl, those cards are simply drop dead elegantly gorgeous! I totally love 'em.

hugs

Shannon said...

Fabulous Tracey! I may have to case these and create a set to match a certain purse I've been known to make! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow these are awesome! I love them both!

ljurecek said...

That red and black is just such a great combination. The houndstooth paper really makes your cards look striking!

Bekah said...

can't go wrong with red, white and black!! these look great.

Mrs. Fence said...

I ended up giving him the one with the birds- he said it was the best card I ever made :) Thanks for the comments and good wishes. We had a nice evening.

Midnitecreations - Renu said...

Sorry I missed this post, I've been following your old blog! Congratulations on your 10th anniversary. Love both the cards.